24 November 2005

I'm not really happy

It really just struck me recently. All this blogging stuff is fundamentally a bad idea, for everyone on the planet I mean, not just me. The reason, simple. Too few of us have anything significant to say. You think I'm wrong? Then ask yourself this question - "When did I last read a blog which had an impact on my life or my beliefs?". OK some of them may "challenge" you but so what, that doesn't make the blogger the new Nelson Mandela.
We're not going to change the world with blogging folks but we could try to introduce some minimum standards. Imagine you were sitting on a train and you could hear what all the other passengers were thinking. That might be alright if you were sharing a carriage with Stephen Hawking and his brother (I assume) Stephen Fry but otherwise no. So lets raise the level of content a bit and think before we write any old inane rubbish that would only be appreciated by doting and tolerant parents - and even then probably only superficially.

No comments: